“With over 100 million books, what do you really need to know in order to move your books? What’s your objective as a writer, and what’s really going on in this ever-changing world of print and publishing?”
Amanda M. Thrasher answers those questions and more as she presents, “Let’s Talk Industry.”
*Reserve a spot for this informative presentation:
Subject: October – Amanda Thrasher
Subject: October – Amanda Thrasher
Body: Name, best phone contact, number of spaces reserving (names for all if multiple)
Multiple award-winning author, Amanda M. Thrasher, was born in England then moved to Texas, where she still resides. She is the author of several children’s books including picture books, middle-grade chapter books, YA and a reader’s theater titled “What If… A Story of Shattered Lives” written for the Texas Municipal Courts Education Center as part of the Driving on the Right Side of the Road program (DRSR). She’s a multiple Gold recipient of the Mom’s Choice Awards for “The Greenlee Project,” YA and General Fiction, and for an early reader chapter book, “Spider Web Scramble.” “The Greenlee Project” also won first place for YA and General Fiction at the NTBF.
Amanda conducts workshops, speaks with children and teens of all ages, blogs, and contributes to an online magazine. As Chief Executive Officer at Progressive Rising Phoenix Press, she assists authors, shares her writing process, as well as what she has learned as a publisher, with people of all ages.
About Progressive Rising Phoenix Press
Progressive Rising Phoenix Press (PRPP) is an independent press; unique for multiple reasons. Work added is carefully screened and chosen based on the quality of the content. As they build their brand, with all genres, they continue to navigate the publishing waters with success. According to Thrasher, in four years as a publishing press, they have accomplished the following:
• Signed 23 authors, most multiple award-winning authors, some of them international. They do NOT solicit new work.
• Published 75 titles which, with the various formats of those titles (hardcover dust jacket, library bound-case laminate, paperback), provides 112 versions including foreign (Spanish), not including Epub.
• Most of their titles all have an Epub version as well. If they don't, it's by author choice.
• Passed Digital Certification – meaning their files are so clean that LSI/Ingram does not need to rework them. “Because we use professional contractors, we passed in three days instead of the allotted two-week period,” said Thrasher.
• They are on Ingram Complete, a program offered to publishers with a certain amount of titles; with two account representatives to assist them.
• They print in the US, UK, Brazil, Germany, India, South Korea, Poland, and Russia, but their books can be ordered and shipped globally.
• They have twenty-two contracts with LSI and Ingram. Sixteen with LSI/ Eight specifically with Ingram CoreSource.
• Thrasher and her team are currently wrapping up their integration process over to Ingram's CoreSource Plus. This program combines all of their Epub files and print files under one roof.
• They are now approved for Barnes & Noble shelf placement and already have several titles on local Barnes & Noble shelves. Local stores usually buy first and it’s up to the buyers in each territory.
• They provide marketing every day on behalf of their label, representing all their authors, paid for by their press; not the authors. Their authors are all over the US and Argentina.
Come meet Thrasher and find out what’s currently happening in the publishing world from and author and publisher all wrapped up in one!
*Although no one is turned away if they have not reserved a spot, it is helpful for the ACFW DFW team for planning purposes; please reserve your spot today!
DFW Ready Writers meetings are held at the
1715 W. Randol Mill Rd, in Arlington
(click on name for map)
For those that would like to continue with fellowship and networking after the meeting, a Dutch treat lunch follows at a nearby restaurant.
And keep up with events, DFW Ready Writers new book releases, news and information visit:https://www.facebook.com/DFWReadyWriters/